The EDUCAUSE 2018 Top 10 IT Issues represent a strong, measurable set of issues that every institution or organization invested in digital transformation needs to pay attention to. We found some common themes among the top 10 IT issues that can crystallize your strategic data roadmap or accelerate specific projects. Lingk provides tangible data pipeline solutions to address the top issues in higher education IT.
First, here’s a recap of the list from Educause:
The Lingk Integration Cloud (LIC) is built for digital transformation, the higher education domain and self-service, helping you to advance your strategic balance of efficiency and innovation. The LIC provides workspaces for cross-departmental project collaboration, easy to use reusable integration recipes for orchestrating data, and pre-built connectors for key higher ed systems.
3. Institution-wide IT strategy: Repositioning or reinforcing the role of IT leadership as an integral strategic partner of institutional leadership in achieving institutional missions
5. Student-centered institution: Understanding and advancing technology's role in defining the student experience on campus (from applicants to alumni)
6. Higher education affordability: Balancing and rightsizing IT priorities and budget to support IT-enabled institutional efficiencies and innovations in the context of institutional funding realities
Lingk's powerful recipes alongside enterprise (Salesforce, Amazon, Google, Peoplesoft, and more) and education (Ellucian, Canvas, Blackboard, Moodle, and more) connectors allow you develop and implement secure and scalable integration practices to improve data integrity and governance. Lingk provides fast and intelligent integration through LingkSync Speed Wizards and recipes that enable system administrators and integration specialists to accelerate data integration.
1. Information security: Developing a risk-based security strategy that keeps pace with security threats and challenges
8. (tie) Data management and governance: Implementing effective institutional data governance practices
8.(tie) Digital integrations: Ensuring system interoperability, scalability, and extensibility, as well as data integrity, standards, and governance, across multiple applications and platforms
Lingk's batch ETL and event streaming data transformer engine is built on Apache Spark. Apache Spark is a powerful open source streaming processing engine built around speed, ease of use, and sophisticated big data analytics. It was originally developed at UC Berkeley in 2009 and is now the leading event streaming processing engine world-wide. Lingk adds a powerful set of tools and capabilities which manages, aggregates and organizes data pipelines on Apache Spark needed to answer the big questions around improving student success and inform the broader digital transformation discussion in Higher Education.
2. Student success: Managing the system implementations and integrations that support multiple student success initiatives
4. Data-enabled institutional culture: Using BI and analytics to inform the broad conversation and answer big questions
Lingk's collaborative integration workspace capabilities increase the capacity of time-strapped staff members and facilitates communication between IT, cross-functional teams and vendors so staff can adapt to the increasing pace of change needed for digital transformation. Strategic projects and initiatives that historically take months to complete can be completed in days or weeks while optimizing the use of scarce IT resources.
7. IT staffing and organizational models: Ensuring adequate staffing capacity and staff retention in the face of retirements, new sourcing models, growing external competition, rising salaries, and the demands of technology initiatives on both IT and non-IT staff
8. Change leadership: Helping institutional constituents (including the IT staff) adapt to the increasing pace of technology change
Digital transformation requires institutions and organizations to adapt their strategy for accelerated integration, analytics and collaboration initiatives. The Lingk Integration Cloud brings your connected campus strategies together with an Apache Spark-based platform handling ETL, event streaming, and big data analytics with an easy-to-use recipe approach organized by collaborative workspaces. Designed to be used standalone or adding value by extending your general purpose integration middleware and tools investment, Lingk energizes and accelerates your digital transformation efforts.